      San Diego, California, USA

      Date: Sep 4, 2014

      My Backpacking Background: I've been backpacking for over 30 years, doing solo and group trips, with and without kids. I do day trips, weekenders and week-long or longer trips throughout the year. I backpack in all climates and seasons, from summer desert trips to Spring/Winter camping the western United States and Canada and rely on my backpacking equipment constantly. I prefer to go lighter whenever possible and love trying new items. Quality and reliability of equipment carried is paramount to me over price and weight.

      Testing plan: If I am  selected, I would be able to test the Joey Chair in various climates and elevations. I travel over the road and across the country so I should be able to give this a good test. This chair looks sturdy and according to the website it has some nice features for use outdoors. At my size, I have found it impossible to find a chair for use while backpacking. Either the chairs are too heavy, large, or fragile. This Joey Chair, if it meets the mfg claims, could be the answer I’ve been looking for.

      I expect that I could complete this test without difficulty. My plan would be to see if the Joey Chair can stand up to the company claims.

      I would like to test the following…

      1. Is the quality of construction similar to the manufacturer’s claims?
      2. I’ve never owned any products from this manufacturer – will this chair perform equally well in changing conditions?
      3. I would like to test its ability to handle abrasion resistance and color fastness.
      4. How well will the chair’s feet set on the ground or will they sink under weight?
      5. How easy will it screw into different ground conditions and terrain?
      6. Will the mesh fabric and seams hold up to repeated use?
      7. Is this a convenient packing size and weight?
      I will have standard backpacking and hiking trips from base camp, where appropriate. My testing plan includes extended time in the field, day and night in varying climates and terrain, to include rocky desert floor to forested mountains. I plan to use the tarp during all of my upcoming backpacking and hiking trips as well as during my everyday life. I hope to even get it near the ocean, checking out the quick drying claim and see if exposure to saltwater mist will have any negative effects.

      I have no other outstanding applications at this time.

      Current tests:
      Mountain Khakis Equatorial Pants, BugsAway Shirt, ENO FlexFly Utility Tarp. and waiting for the PetAnchor to arrive.

      I have completed 0 owner reviews within the past year.

      Labors of love – I am an OR editor and test monitor.

      Thank you for your consideration

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic