78934IR - HONEY STINGER - JUST FOR KIDS - DAVID WYMAN

  • Dave Wyman
    Jul 29, 2014
      Kathy/Steven,

      Yep, it was late. I thought I had uploaded it but apparently not. Here
      is the URL:

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/TESTS/Honey%20Stinger%20Just%20For%20Kids%20-%20DW/

      Here is the text:

      Honey Stinger - Just For Kids
      Test Series by David Wyman

      Picture from website
      (image from honeystinger.com)

      Initial Report - June 13, 2014

      Tester Information

      NAME David Wyman
      EMAIL wyman(AT)wymanhq(DOT)com
      AGE 35
      LOCATION Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
      GENDER Male
      HEIGHT 5' 10" (1.78 m)
      WEIGHT 175 lb (80 kg)

      I've been backpacking for some time now and have grown to enjoy the
      solitude you find in the wilderness. I have stopped using a tent and
      exclusively hammock camp and am working at getting my winter gear list
      as nailed down as my summer list. I prefer backpacking solo but do quite
      a lot of day hiking with my wife and kids. I'm not a fast hiker as I
      think the journey is more important than the destination. Also, nothing
      beats a hot cup of coffee on a cold morning!

      Initial Report - June 13, 2014

      Guest Tester Information
      John My six-year old son loves all things related to fruit snacks and
      is eagerly awaiting his first backpacking trip later this summer. He's
      very picky when it comes to sweets, however.
      Zoe My four-year old daughter loves candy and waffles and, while not
      yet ready for backpacking, loves going car camping.
      Product Information
      Manufacturer EN-R-G Foods, LLC
      Website http://www.honeystinger.com
      Product Honey Stingers Kids' Organic Waffles and Chews
      Year of manufacture 2014
      MSRP Kids' Organic Chews: US$5.19 (contains five 0.8 oz/22.6 g pouches)

      Kids' Organic Waffles: US$4.99 (contains six 0.5 oz/15 g waffles)

      Honey Waffles

      (image from honeystinger.com)
      Chocolate Waffles

      (image from honeystinger.com)
      Sour Citrus Chews

      (image from honeystinger.com)
      Mixed Berry Chews

      (image from honeystinger.com)

      Trying It Out

      Both the fruit snacks and the waffles were well packaged and the labels
      were easy to read and follow. I gave the boxes of waffles to my daughter
      and the fruit snacks to my son to open. My son chose the Mixed Berry
      fruit snacks and my daughter chose the Chocolate waffles. Both were able
      to open the wrappers with minimal difficulty. They both thought the
      packaging made the snacks seem exciting.

      Fruit snacks: My son ate the entire package of Mixed Berry fruit snacks
      and pronounced them "seriously fruity!" He thought the quantity of fruit
      snacks was enough to be a real snack though he said that more would have
      been better.

      Waffles: My daughter ate the entire Chocolate waffle but thought it was
      very small and wasn't a real snack. She thought that three or four
      waffles would be better and she was still hungry after just one.

      Summary

      Likes
      Good marketing/packaging
      Taste good
      Fruit snacks contain enough to be considered a real snack
      Dislikes
      Waffles are too small to individually be a snack

      Thanks to BackpackGearTest.org and Honey Stinger for this opportunity.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic