  • ftroop94
    May 14, 2014

      Thanks again Nancy!

      Again, the button down is my preferred choice of the two, but I'd be honored to test either!

      1.     Please accept my application to test the Ex Officio Sol Cool Long Sleeve T Shirt. I have read the BackpackGearTest.org Bylaws v. 0609, including Chapter 5 and 6, and agree to comply with all requirements. My Tester Agreement is on file.

      2.     NAME: Steven M. Kidd
      EMAIL: ftroop94ATgmailDOTcom
      AGE: 41
      LOCATION: Franklin, Tennessee, USA
      GENDER: Male
      HEIGHT: 5' 9" (1.75 m)
      WEIGHT: 183 lb (85 kg)

      Backpacking Background: I've been a backpacker on and off for over 25 years. I
      backpacked as a Boy Scout, and then again almost every month in my twenties,
      while packing an average weight of 50+ lbs (23+ kg). I now average less than 20 lbs (9
      kg) in the backcountry.

      3.     Test Plan: I’ve just relocated from Tennessee to Indiana and I’m looking forward to getting outside as soon as possible.  I sweat like a beast in the backcountry in the middle of the summer, but A) I’ve moved north for the first time in my life and B) will this shirt really keep me cool and repel bugs at the same time?  The sun guard is promising.  Could I wear it at the pool with the kids to prevent sunburn and stay cool?  Let me test it and I’ll tell the reader.  I might even ask for a vibrant/ cool-kid colour!!!

      4.   OR’s Completed in Last Year: 5 (maybe more…?) -- Previous Tests/OR’s:  http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/ E

      5.   Current Test Load  Apex Water Bottles – Waiting to Arrive; Mountain Khakis – Just Selected Test Status Page:  http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1880.htm

      6.       Outstanding Applications: Ex Officio Breezr

      7.        BGT Roles: Monitor

      Thanks for considering my application. Steve Kidd – 5-14-2014