78397APPLICATION-BUGS AWAY-STEVE KIDD

  • ftroop94
    May 14, 2014

      1.     Please accept my application to test the Ex Officio Bugs Away Breezr Shirt. I have read the BackpackGearTest.org Bylaws v. 0609, including Chapter 5 and 6, and agree to comply with all requirements. My Tester Agreement is on file.

      2.     NAME: Steven M. Kidd
      EMAIL: ftroop94ATgmailDOTcom
      AGE: 41
      LOCATION: Franklin, Tennessee, USA
      GENDER: Male
      HEIGHT: 5' 9" (1.75 m)
      WEIGHT: 183 lb (85 kg)

      Backpacking Background: I've been a backpacker on and off for over 25 years. I
      backpacked as a Boy Scout, and then again almost every month in my twenties,
      while packing an average weight of 50+ lbs (23+ kg). I now average less than 20 lbs (9
      kg) in the backcountry.

      3.     Test Plan: I’ve just relocated from Tennessee to Indiana and I’m looking forward to getting outside as soon as possible.  Temps are cooler here in the summer than they are in Tennessee, and I’ve always preferred a button-downed shirt in the field over a t-shirt.  The 70 washes is what really intrigues me.  Does the bug repellant really last that long?  I ask this primarily because I currently use a permethrin clothing treatment solution that isn’t commercial.  I use a concentrated version designed for livestock and cut it to the mL.  It takes calculations and physics.  Still with all this, I treat my clothing, gear, etc at least every tick season.  The question is…will this shirt really keep me pest free for 70 washes or not. I have an “off label” comparison to verify against!  Let me know if you’d like me to test it. I’d be happy to do so!

      4.   OR’s Completed in Last Year: 5 (maybe more…?) -- Previous Tests/OR’s:  http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/ E

      5.   Current Test Load  Apex Water Bottles – Waiting to Arrive; Mountain Khakis – Just Selected Test Status Page:  http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1880.htm

      6.       Outstanding Applications:  None

      7.        BGT Roles: Monitor

      Thanks for considering my application. Steve Kidd – 5-14-2014