78394Application - Honey Stingers Just for Kids - Mike Pearl

  • Mike Pearl
    May 14 3:55 PM
      Please accept my application to test the Honey Stingers Just for Kids.  I have read the BackpackGearTest Survival Guide v. 0609 and Bylaws v.0609 and I agree to comply with all requirements  and timetables. I have signed and submitted the Tester Agreement.

      Name: Mike Pearl
      Email: mikepearl36ATyahooDOTcom
      Age: 40
      Location: Hanover, New Hampshire, USA
      Gender: M
      Height: 5' 9" (1.75 m)
      Weight: 155 lb (70.30 kg)

      I have a great appreciation for the outdoors and get out at every opportunity.  I am a three-season backpacker and year round hiker. Currently, my trips are two to three days long as well as an annual week long trip.  I utilize the abundant trail shelters in my locale and pack a backup tarp-tent.  I like to cover big distances while still taking in the views.  I have lightweight leanings but function and reliability are the priority.  I mostly travel woodland mountain terrain but enjoy hiking beautiful trails anywhere.

      Test Plan:  I have two girls ages seven and five.  We regularly hike and camp/backpack at least twice a summer as a family.  Thus far we have planned a two night trip to the Green Mountains of Vermont, USA.  I will report on how much my girls like each variety.  The degree of preference for a snack is gauged by the number of miles willing to hike for it.  The amount of energy supplied can be determined by the number of rest requested after eating.  My oldest is just starting to read labels.  I am interested in what she will have to say about Honey Stingers.  My youngest likes to organize her eats by order of "yummy". I will inquiry what she is basing this on, sometimes it's packaging!?!

      Current Test:  Black Diamond Spot Headlamp, awaiting arrival

      Test Status Page:  Page expired, no active test

      OR's Within The Last Year:  Zero

      Outstanding Applications:  Zero

      BGT Roles:  Test Monitor and Test Manager

      Thank you for your consideration,
      Mike