78393APPLICATION - BugsAway - Marina Batzke

  • Marina Batzke
    May 14, 2014
      Dear Nancy:
      Please accept my Application to test the BugsAway Long Sleeve Shirt for Women.
      1. Disclaimer: I have read the BackpackGearTest.org By-Laws, version 0609, including Chapters 4 and 5, and I will follow all requirements. My tester agreement is on file.
      2. Biographical Information
      Name: Marina Batzke
      Age: 54
      Gender: F
      Height: 5’ 5” (1.65 m)
      Weight: 130 lb (59 kg)
      Email: mbbp2013 AT hotmail DOT com
      Location: Los Angeles County, California, USA
      I am a tent camper and always hike with a group. My backpacking trips are typically weekend excursions in Southern California, USA. I typically backpack two weekends a month, plus day hike on other weekends.
      3. Test Plan
      To qualify for Sierra Club Wilderness Training Course (Los Angeles, California) graduation, I will participate in day hikes and weekend backpacking trips mostly in warm to hot Southern California conditions until our graduation event in October at Joshua Tree National Park. Early July, I will do a 4-day backpacking trip in Yosemite National Park with camp at 6800 ft (2100 m) elevation and daily adventure hikes to higher elevations. Our leader already alerted us that we will encounter lots of mosquitoes and bugs seem to love me. I would probably have the collar up against bug protection most of the time. I am fair skinned and always wear long-sleeve shirts as sun protection. I could test the UV-resistance of this long-sleeve BugsAway shirt at UVB 30+ and see how combined with the collar, this shirt would help me and my sensitive skin. Early September I will go on a one-week bike trip in Germany where ticks are widespread and I could test how this shirt shields me from these illness carrying ticks.
      4. Owner Reviews since I joined October 2013, excluding my two initial ORs:
      OR 3: REI Lite-Core 1.5 Sit Pad
      OR 5: Big Agnes Fly Creek UL 1 Tent
      5. My two very first BGT Tests are: ZAMST ZK-7 Knee Brace (IR written) http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1916.htm + ZAMST HA-1 Run Socks (IR written).
      6. I just this week got approved to test the Black Diamond Headlamp. Newbie Limit did not apply for these before-mentioned items.
      I am currently also applying for the SOL CREW shirt.
      7. No additional BGT roles.
      Thank you for your consideration of my test application.
      Marina Batzke