78392APPLICATION - SOL COOL - Marina Batzke

  • Marina Batzke
    May 14, 2014
      Dear Nancy:
      Please accept my Application to test the EXOFFICIO SOL CREW LONG SLEEVE Shirt.
      1. Disclaimer: I have read the BackpackGearTest.org By-Laws, version 0609, including Chapters 4 and 5, and I will follow all requirements. My tester agreement is on file.
      2. Biographical Information
      Name: Marina Batzke
      Age: 54
      Gender: F
      Height: 5’ 5” (1.65 m)
      Weight: 130 lb (59 kg)
      Email: mbbp2013 AT hotmail DOT com
      Location: Los Angeles County, California, USA
      I am a tent camper and always hike with a group. My backpacking trips are typically weekend excursions in Southern California, USA. I typically backpack two weekends a month, plus day hike on other weekends.
      3. Test Plan
      To qualify for Sierra Club Wilderness Training Course (Los Angeles, California) graduation, I will participate in day hikes and weekend backpacking trips mostly in warm to hot Southern California conditions until our graduation event in October at Joshua Tree National Park, giving me a great opportunity to test the described cooling sensation of this shirt.  Early July, I will do a 4-day backpacking trip in Yosemite National Park with camp at 6800 ft (2100 m) elevation and daily adventure hikes to higher elevations. I am fair skinned and always wear long-sleeve shirts as sun protection.  I could test how the strong UV-resistance of this long-sleeve SOL CREW shirt at UVB 50+ protects my sun-sensitive skin at the high sierra elevation.
      4. Owner Reviews since I joined October 2013, excluding my two initial ORs:
      OR 3: REI Lite-Core 1.5 Sit Pad
      OR 4: ATSKO SNO-SEAL
      OR 5: Big Agnes Fly Creek UL 1 Tent
      OR 6: SUUNTO MC-2 MIRROR COMPASS
      5. My two very first BGT Tests are: ZAMST ZK-7 Knee Brace (IR written) http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1916.htm + ZAMST HA-1 Run Socks (IR written).
      6. I just got approved to test the Black Diamond Headlamp. Newbie Limit does not apply for any of these items.
      7. No additional BGT roles.
      Thank you for your consideration of my test application.
      Regards
      Marina Batzke