      Location: Sparwood, British Columbia, Canada
      Date: May 13, 2014

      I have more than 15 years of backpacking experience. Day hikes and 2-3 day backpacking trips take place on most weekends throughout the year while longer trips are only occasional. I backpack predominantly in mountain terrain (Coast Range, Cascades and Canadian Rockies) with the goal of summiting peaks. Activities I use my gear with include mountaineering, ski touring, rock climbing, kayaking, biking, trail running, Search and Rescue and overseas travel. I like my gear to be reasonably light, convenient and simple to use though I would not claim to be a lightweight hiker.

      TEST PLAN

      Over the next several months I am planning for a number of 3 day backpacking trips in the Southern Canadian Rockies as every other weekend is a long weekend for me. Other trips planned included white water kayaking, a week long rock climbing trip as well as a week long road cycling trip. Snow should be lessening, but we still have a lot of snow in the backcountry and will have likely well into June. Warmer climes for the longer test may include any or all of rain, wind and sun. Terrain will mostly be rugged alpine. With this shirt, I'd be looking for ventilation and wicking during moderate activities. Also, quick-drying will be an important feature I will be evaluating, as damp conditions are expected, not to mention my own damp micro-climate I'm capable of creating from being active. I'd like to see how well it wards of smell, sweat stains and dirt during longer trips. UV protection and bug protection would be noted as well. I've encountered a few ticks climbing already, I would love a tick resistant shirt, not to mention all the other bugs that will be out and about. And finally, fit, comfort, looks and function will all weigh in the experience.

      PREVIOUSLY WRITTEN REPORTS

      Owner Reviews: 2 in the last year

      Current Tests:
      - REI Half Dome 2 Tent: LTR May 31
      - Revelcloud Hoodie: LTR May 20
      - OR Trascendent Vest: awaiting FR edits
      - Seirus Dynamax Quick Combo: LTR no date
      - Camelbak Alpine Explorer Daypack: awaiting arrival

      Outstanding Applications:
      - Black Diamond Spot Headlamp

      Completed Reviews: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/theresa_lawrence

      Tester Status Page: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1909.htm

      I have no other BGT roles.

      Thank you for considering my application,

      Theresa Lawrence