78325APPLICATION--MOUNTAIN KHAKIS EQUITORIAL PANT--STEVE KIDD

  • ftroop94
    May 6 5:26 PM

      1.     Please accept my application to test the Mountain Khakis Equatorial Pant. I have read the BackpackGearTest.org Bylaws v. 0609, including Chapter 5 and 6, and agree to comply with all requirements. My Tester Agreement is on file.

      2.     NAME: Steven M. Kidd
      EMAIL: ftroop94ATgmailDOTcom
      AGE: 41
      LOCATION: Franklin, Tennessee, USA
      GENDER: Male
      HEIGHT: 5' 9" (1.75 m)
      WEIGHT: 183 lb (85 kg)

      Backpacking Background: I've been a backpacker on and off for over 25 years. I
      backpacked as a Boy Scout, and then again almost every month in my twenties,
      while packing an average weight of 50+ lbs (23+ kg). I now average less than 20 lbs (9
      kg) in the backcountry.

      3.     Test Plan: I’ve always admired Mountain Khakis, but cotton/canvas isn’t my thing in the backcountry these days.  This 3.7 oz nylon may be a little heavy/sturdy for what I’m used to but all the other positive aspects of these trousers excite me!  Individual sizing truly excites me!  Will these be only applicable for the woods, or will they be applicable to wear in town?  I’ll give it a shot either way! The diamond shape gusset is certainly appealing as well.  I will test these trousers in a new area to me…I’ve just relocated from Tennessee to Indiana, so excited to find new stomping grounds in the woods…even in these flat Midwestern woods!

      4.       Current Test Load: MontBell Versalite Series (Jacket and Pants) -- LTR due 13 May.  Apex Water Bottles – Waiting to Arrive

      Test Status Page:  http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1880.htm

      5.     OR’s Completed in Last Year: 5 (maybe more…?) -- Previous Tests/OR’s:  http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/ftroop94

      6.       Outstanding Applications: MontBell Down Hugger

      7.        BGT Roles: Monitor

      Thanks for considering my application. Steve Kidd – 5-6-2014