78324APPLICATON-MONTBELL DOWN HUGGER-STEVE KIDD
- May 6 5:02 PM
1. Please accept my application to test MontBell Down Hugger 800 #3. I have read the BackpackGearTest.org Bylaws v. 0609, including Chapter 5 and 6, and agree to comply with all requirements. My Tester Agreement is on file.
2. NAME: Steven M. Kidd
LOCATION: Franklin, Tennessee, USA
HEIGHT: 5' 9" (1.75 m)
WEIGHT: 183 lb (85 kg)
Backpacking Background: I've been a backpacker on and off for over 25 years. I
backpacked as a Boy Scout, and then again almost every month in my twenties,
while packing an average weight of 50+ lbs (23+ kg). I now average less than 20 lbs (9
kg) in the backcountry.
3. Test Plan: I’ve just relocated from Tennessee to Indiana and I’m looking forward to getting outside as soon as possible. I’m historically a hammock camper, but until I get the lay of the land and can find my way out of the corn stalks I foresee myself dwelling on the ground. I interested to see if the Super Spiral bias cut will be both comfortable and warm? My biggest frustration with a mummy bag is the claustrophobia. The elastic and the bias cut appear to allow for a comfortable slumber, but will it keep me warm? If the test pushes on into the shoulder months of the fall in Indiana how warm will it keep me? I’m typically a ‘warm’ sleeper and I like to push my gear to the limit. I’ve taken a similarly rated bag to freezing. Will this one give me the same comfort? A roughly 1 pound bag appears to be amazing if it will really work. Give me the opportunity and I’ll let the public know! Finally I’m a lefty, so I can give a review on a Right Zip bag if one is available to test!
4. Current Test Load: MontBell Versalite Series (Jacket and Pants) -- LTR due 13 May. Apex Water Bottles – Waiting to Arrive
Test Status Page: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1880.htm
5. OR’s Completed in Last Year: 5 (maybe more…?) -- Previous Tests/OR’s: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/ftroop94
6. Outstanding Applications: None
7. BGT Roles: Monitor
Thanks for considering my application. Steve Kidd – 5-6-2014