78323APPLICATION (REVISED) -MontBell Down Hugger - Gail

  • woodswoman
    May 6, 2014
      Note: Slight revision of pending apps and current tests.

      Andrea,
      Please review my application to test the MontBell Down Hugger. I have read and understood the current requirements in the Survival Guide Version 0609,and I agree to comply with all of these requirements as a tester particularly those stated in Chapter 4 and Chapter 5. I also have a signed tester agreement on file.

      Name: Gail Staisil
      Age: 61
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
      Weight: 152 lb (68 kg)
      Email: woodswoman2001 AT yahoo DOT com
      Location: Marquette, Michigan USA

      ------

      Test Strategy:

      Wow..I haven't tested a sleeping bag in many years due to seasonal temperature considerations. However this bag should fit right in with the upcoming summer months. I try to keep my kit lightweight due to my "senior" status so carrying and using a lightweight sleeping bag fits the bill. I will use it in combination with either a hammock, tarp or tarptent depending on the trip. I will pay special attention to rated warmth, fit (Super Spiral-Stretch System), and durability.

      My usual backpacking trips will occur in both forested and lakeshore (island) trips in Michigan but the farthest I will wander is a trip to the Wind River Range (Wyoming, USA) at the end of summer.

      Temperatures will fluctuate but the next several months should be anywhere from a low of 32 F (0 C) to 75 F (24 C). Elevation is less
      than 2000 ft (610 m)locally and will be over five times as much in Wyoming.

      ------

      Current Tests and Stage (2):

      - REI Revelcloud Hoodie - LTR due May 20 (will be finished soon)
      -Chaco Azula Mid Boots - IR completed

      Test Status Page:

      Many of my Completed Tests (80)and Owner Reviews (26), none in the last year:

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/isleroyalegirl

      Monitor Duties:

      - ZAMST Knee Brace

      Pending Applications: