78322APPLICATION (REVISED): Mountain Khakis Granite Creek Shirt - Gail

  • woodswoman
    May 6, 2014
      Richard,
      Please review my application to test the Mountain Khakis Granite Creek Shirt. I have read and understood the current requirements in the Survival Guide Version 0609,and I agree to comply with all of these requirements as a tester particularly those stated in Chapter 4 and Chapter 5. I also have a signed tester agreement on file.

      Name: Gail Staisil
      Age: 61
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
      Weight: 152 lb (68 kg)
      Email: woodswoman2001 AT yahoo DOT com
      Location: Marquette, Michigan USA

      ------

      Test Strategy:

      Due to a crazy amount of bugs and sun I wear long sleeve shirts all the time for backpacking and other outdoor endeavors. Many shirts don't pass the test as they either don't breathe or provide enough coverage for sun protection. The Granite Creek seems to have an interesting oversized collar which I would love to test for wind and sun coverage (plus avoiding those nasty bugs. Fit and durability are also important.

      My usual backpacking trips will occur in both forested and lakeshore (island) trips in Michigan, USA but the farthest I will wander is a trip to the Wind River Range (Wyoming, USA) at the end of summer.

      Temperatures will fluctuate but the next several months should be anywhere from a low of 32 F (0 C) to 75 F (24 C) on average. We do get some summer days that are hotter but maybe only a handful. Currently there is still lots of snow in the woods and the lakes are full of ice so the temps have remained cold. Elevation is less than 2000 ft (610 m)locally and will be over five times as much in Wyoming where reportedly it can snow any month of the year.

      ------

      Current Tests and Stage (2):

      - REI Revelcloud Hoodie - LTR due May 20 (will be finished soon)
      - Chaco Azula Mid Boots - IR completed

      Test Status Page:

      Many of my Completed Tests (80)and Owner Reviews (26), none in the last year:

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/isleroyalegirl

      Other Pending Apps:

      - MontBell Down Hugger Sleeping Bag

      Monitor Duties:

      - ZAMST Knee Brace

      At this time no other applications are pending.

      Thanks for your consideration.

      Gail