      Location: Sparwood, British Columbia, Canada
      Date: December 18, 2013

      I have more than 15 years of backpacking experience. Day hikes and 2-3 day backpacking trips take place on most weekends throughout the year while longer trips are only occasional. I backpack predominantly in mountain terrain (Coast Range, Cascades and Canadian Rockies) with the goal of summiting peaks. Activities I use my gear with include mountaineering, ski touring, rock climbing, kayaking, biking, trail running, Search and Rescue and overseas travel. I like my gear to be reasonably light, convenient and simple to use though I would not claim to be a lightweight hiker.

      TEST PLAN

      I will be skiing all winter, mostly backcountry, and I think this may prove handy. Actually, I'm pretty sure I could have already used it for a couple of very cold excursions. Anyway, I should have lots of opportunities to trial this piece of head gear. I'm wondering how comfortable it will be and if it will fit my narrow head. It looks like a one size fits all item, not sure how that will go over. I like the idea that it is thin and wicking, but wondering how wet it will get with breathing in the cold. And how well it will fit under my ski helmet and with my ski goggles and will my ski goggles fog up, which always seems to happen when I cover my nose.

      PREVIOUSLY WRITTEN REPORTS

      Owner Reviews: 1 in the last year

      Current Tests:
      - Gregory Cairn 58 Backpack: LTR due Jan 7, 2014
      - REI Half Dome 2 Tent: FR just completed; LTR delayed till end of May
      - Kahtoola Spikes: FR phase
      - Revelcloud Hoodie: awaiting arrival
      - OR Trascendent Vest: awaiting arrival
      - Dahlgren Sno Socks: awaiting arrival

      Completed Reviews: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/theresa_lawrence

      Tester Status Page: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1909.htm

      I have no other BGT roles.

      Thank you for considering my application,

      Theresa Lawrence