77584RE: [backpackgeartesters] testing problem
- Dec 16, 2013
Heck, YES! More than sufficient. No worry about that extension, I’ve already entered it. Hope your wife is feeling better already or soon.
Have a great Christmas season!
Somehow my explanation got mangled. My Florida hike is postponed to early February because my wife has been sick. If a week (actually eight) more nights out is sufficient I can have the LTR in by February 24.
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Kathy Waters
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2013 7:56 PM
Subject: RE: [backpackgeartesters] testing problem
Same answer! <g> When do you think you can pick up the LTR? Can you give me a reasonable due date and I can let REI know?
I have a somewhat similar problem. I'm testing the REI Flash Sleeping Bag. I do not backpack in snow. I uploaded the FR on time. I had planned on a few more overnights here in Michigan then a trip to Florida for another week of testing during the LTR period.
Snow storms and then rifle deer season eliminated my overnight hikes.
Since you will not be using the tent over the winter, you will need to complete the test in the spring and file a LTR after two additional months of testing.
I certainly understand and certainly wouldn’t want you to use a product in an unsafe situation, but we do need to fulfill our promise to the manufacturer for the test.
Can you please give me an estimate on when you think you would be able to safely resume testing the tent so I can let REI know?
Hi Ray, here is my REI half dome FR, due to the full throttle winter season here, this is likely it for me, I'll be using a 4 season tent from now on for any backcountry camping ... the below freezing temperatures and fluffy powder that makes winter so much fun here just won't be appropriate for this 3 season tent, I presume that's understandable? this has been a great tent from REI and I've enjoyed my time with it and look forward to warmer temperatures with it in the spring ..
- << Previous post in topic