76772Application - Goddess Garden sunscreen - R. Lyon

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Sep 15 3:46 PM
      Mike, please consider my application for the Goddess Garden Organics Natural Sunscreen SPF30. I have read and agree to the BackpackGearTest.org Survival Guide and bylaws v.0609 and have a tester agreement on file. This Test will not conflict with my other Tests.

      Richard Lyon, Male, 67, Bozeman, Montana USA
      6'4" [1.91 m], 200 lb [91 kg]
      Montana DOT angler AT gmail DOT com

      I've been backpacking regularly in the Rockies since 1986. I do at least one
      weeklong trip every summer, and often take three-day trips. I'm usually
      camping in alpine terrain, at altitudes 5000 to 10000 ft (1500-3000 m). I prefer base camp backpacking, a long hike in with day trips from camp. Outdoor winter activities often include skiing or snowshoeing.

      Tests in progress: Two – Tilley Camo Hat [LTR due December], Gerber Bear Grylls Intense Torch [LTR due November]
      Other pending applications: None
      Test page: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1436.htm

      I have completed many tests and submitted many Owner Reviews, one on sunscreen. I've submitted four Owner Reviews in the past twelve months.
      My Reports are listed at
      http://www.BackpackGearTest.org/tester_reviews/richardglyon
      I serve as an OR Editor, Call Manager, Mentor, Monitor, and Director.

      Home remodeling has severely crimped my backpacking this summer, but the house is almost done and autumn, prime time in the Northern Rockies, is upon us. I'll try to catch up to my annual quota this fall, with several trips into the Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness in Montana prior to hunting season and Yellowstone National Park (where hunting is prohibited) after that. Expected temperatures are 0-70 F (-17 to 21 C) at altitudes from 7000-10000 feet (2000-3000 m). At these locations there should be snow on the ground in November. In addition to backpacking I'm a regular inbounds and backcountry skier and frequent dayhiker in the fall and winter.

      As a fair-skinned former redhead I've been under doctors' orders for decades to wear sunscreen whenever I plan extended outdoor activity. I've followed that advice and am always looking for sunscreen that works. I was given several samples of the Garden Goddess product at the summer Outdoor Retailer Show, and the product has worked well enough that I'd like to continue trying it out.