75767APPLICATION: Optimus Vega Stove - Mike Curry

  • the_fish_guy
    May 2, 2013
      Dawn,

      Please accept my application for the Optimus Vega 4 Season Stove. I have read the BGT Survival Guide, v. 0609, Chap. 4, 5 and 6 (and all others) and agree to follow all requirements found therein. My signed tester agreement is on file. If selected, I will provide the best test which I am capable of.

      PERSONAL BIO

      Name: Mike Curry
      Email: thefishguy@...
      Age: 43
      Location: Aberdeen, Washington
      Gender: Male
      Height: 5'11" (1.80 M)
      Weight: 190 lb (86 kg)

      I've been backpacking, climbing, ski-packing, bushwhacking, and snowshoeing throughout the mountains of Oregon and Washington for almost 30 years. I'm an all-season, all terrain, off-trail kind of guy, and enjoy backpacking, rock climbing, and mountaineering primarily in the Olympic and Cascade Mountains of Washington State.

      TEST PLAN

      My testing will occur in the Cascade and Olympic Mountains of Washington State, and possibly along the Wilderness Coast strip of Olympic National Park. Most of my trips will have mountaineering objectives, but will involve multi-day backpacking approaches. I've got a lot of trips coming up during the test period, mostly 2-3 day, but some longer.

      The stove will see use in the wettest location in the lower 48 states, as well as some very wind-exposed areas. Temperatures will range from as low as probably 10 F (-12 C) to over 70 F (21 C) at elevations from sea level to 12,000+ ft (3,657 M).

      My mountaineering objectives will allow me to test this 4 season stove under winter conditions and at elevation.

      My reports will focus on general performance, features, ease of use, and high altitude/cold weather performance.

      LINK TO PREVIOUS TEST REPORTS

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/thefishguy

      NUMBER OF OR'S IN PAST 12 MONTHS – 0

      CURRENT LOAD AND TEST STATUS PAGE