75426EDIT: [backpackgeartesters] IR - Kindle Cook - Andrea Murland

  • Nancy Griffith
    Mar 25, 2013
      Hi Andrea,

      Mystery solved...I'm your Monitor.  That works out great since I'm really interested in how this system works for you.

      Here are your edits in the usual format.  Please upload when ready.

      Thanks for a nice report.  See you in a few months.

      Nancy

      >>Measured Dimensions (approximate): Kindle Cook Box - 67 cm 18.5 cm (7.3 in) x 13.2 cm (5.2 in) x 8.5 cm (3.3 in)
      EDIT: Does '67 cm' belong here?
      >>The Kindle Cook Box and Kindle Café are a cooking system using disposable heatpacks as a heat source.
      Edit: heatpack should be heat pack.  These one-word vs. two-word terms are confusing to me, but the website calls them 'heat packs'.  There are multiple uses of this throughout the report.

      >>The Kindle Cook Box consists of a stainless steel tumbler which fits inside of a black polypropylene container.
      >>Approximately 150 mL (5.1 fl oz) of water is added to the container and then the stainless steel tumbler is placed on top of the heatpack in the container. The food or water to be heated is put into the stainless tumbler and then the locking lid is put on to seal the whole works.
      Edit: 'tumbler' refers to a drinking container but doesn't seem to apply to the Cook Box...maybe bowl, tray or dish?

      >>The MAXPACK heatpacks fit inside the Kindle Cook Box, but the POWERPACK heatpacks don't fit in the Café with all of the outer packaging on. I'll have to pack the heatpacks for the Café separately from the unit.
      Comment: It may be interesting in the FR to say how many packs you can fit in the Cook Box.  Do you mean just one?
      .