75412APPLICATION: Helly Hansen Odin Traverse pant - Mike Curry

  • the_fish_guy
    Mar 23, 2013
      Richard,

      Please accept my application for the HH Odin Traverse pant. I have read the BGT Survival Guide, v. 0609, Chap. 4, ,5 and 6 (and all others) and agree to follow all requirements found therein. My signed tester agreement is on file. If selected, I will provide the best test which I am capable of.

      If selected, I'll wear a size L.

      PERSONAL BIO

      Name: Mike Curry
      Email: thefishguy@...
      Age: 42
      Location: Aberdeen, Washington
      Gender: Male
      Height: 5'11" (1.80 M)
      Weight: 190 lb (86 kg)

      I've been backpacking, climbing, ski-packing, bushwhacking, and snowshoeing throughout the mountains of Oregon and Washington for almost 30 years. I'm an all-season, all terrain, off-trail kind of guy, and enjoy backpacking, rock climbing, and mountaineering primarily in the Olympic and Cascade Mountains of Washington State.

      TEST PLAN

      My testing will occur in the Cascade and Olympic Mountains of Washington State, and possibly along the Wilderness Coast strip of Olympic National Park. Most of my trips will have mountaineering objectives, but will involve multi-day backpacking approaches, but testing will also include day hikes and backpacking. I'm out almost every weekend.

      The pants will see use in rain, snow, and wind, including camping along the west coast of the Olympic Peninsula of Washington State . . . the wettest location in the lower 48 states. Temperatures will range from as low as probably 10 F (-12 C) to over 70 F (21 C) at elevations from sea level to 14,000+ ft (4,267 M), with significant wind exposure likely.

      My reports will focus on performance, features, ease of use, and comfort.

      LINK TO PREVIOUS TEST REPORTS

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/thefishguy

      NUMBER OF OR'S IN PAST 12 MONTHS – 0

      CURRENT LOAD AND TEST STATUS PAGE

      My current load is 0, and I can't link to my test status page because my last test finished several months ago (I took late fall/winter off), but I'm -1 across the board.

      OTHER APPLICATIONS

      None

      ADDITIONAL ROLES/LABORS OF LOVE

      Monitor, Manager, Moderator/Director