74886Re: [backpackgeartesters] FR- 180 Tack 180 Stove- Nancy Griffith

  • Mike Pearl
    Jan 7, 2013
      Hi Nancy,

      The New Year is off to a great start, thanks.  Hope yours has been just as great!

      Ah, the trials of the wood flame.  Sometimes making/maintaining a fire is an art.  Nice report, here are your edits.

      See ya' in a couple,
      Mike

      ***Point Reyes National Seashore, California: 2 nights; 21 mi (34 km); 0 to 1,407 ft (429 m) elevation; 40 to 55 F (4 to 13 C); sunny to partly cloudy conditions***

      Edit - just for consistency add a period at the end.

      ***Adding pine needles to get the fire re-started made more soot so I tried to the heat high by constantly adding twigs.***

      EDIT - so I tried to keep the heat high