      City, State, Country: Corinth, Mississippi, United States
      Date: 11/27/2012

      Backpacking Background:
      I've been hiking/backpacking close to 5 years, plus 22 years with the military. I have come to love hiking/backpacking. I have hiked sections of the Appalachian Trail, Palmetto Trail in South Carolina, Sipsey Wilderness in Alabama, and Big Hill Pond State Park in Tennessee. I started out with a 45 lb to 50 lb (20 to 23 kg) pack. After meeting other hikers using lighter gear has encouraged me to get lighter gear of my own. My current pack weight is 28 lb - 30 lb (13 to 14 kg) now.

      Test plan:
      I intend to test Heat Holder Socks several upcoming hiking/backpacking trips. I will be out for 2-3days/nights on the Appalachian Trail. The average temperature will be 27 Degrees Fahrenheit (15 Degrees Celsius), with an average elevation of 2,949Feet (899 Meters) above sea level. I will also be out for 2-3days/nights on the Pine Mountain Trail for this test as well. I will be using a tent on some of the test and hammock, tarp.

      Previously Written Reports:
      Owner Reviews:

      *Ursack Minor http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Cook%20Gear/Bear%20Resistant%20Containers/Ursack%20Minor/Owner%20Review%20by%20Charles%20Wayne%20Nichols/

      *GSI Outdoors Halulite Minimalist
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Cook%20Gear/Cook%20Sets/GSI%20Outdoors%20Halulite%20Minimalist/Owner%20Review%20by%20Charles%20Wayne%20Nichols/

      Completed Tests: None at this time.
      Current Tests: None at this time.
      Tests you are Monitoring: None at this time.

      Thank you for your consideration,
      Charles Nichols
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic