      Location: Sparwood, British Columbia, Canada
      Date: November 16, 2012
      I have more than 15 years of backpacking experience.
      Day hikes and 2-3 day backpacking trips take place on most weekends throughout
      the year while longer trips are only occasional. I backpack predominantly in
      mountain terrain (Coast Range, Cascades and Canadian Rockies) with the goal of
      summiting peaks. Activities I use my gear with include mountaineering, ski
      touring, rock climbing, kayaking, biking, trail running, Search and Rescue and
      overseas travel. I like my gear to be reasonably light, convenient and simple
      to use though I would not claim to be a lightweight hiker.
      The snow and cold has already arrived to my small
      town in Canada (brrr), just north of the Montana, US border. T’is the season
      for me to snow shoe, ski-tour and x-country ski. I’ll be mixing it up with day
      trips and a few overnights throughout the winter. I have long weekends (3 days)
      every other weekend and so will definitely be able to meet the 5 night minimum.  I would be testing this jacket in all
      kinds of wintry conditions in mountainous terrain. While wearing this down
      jacket all winter for various activities, I would be able to test how all of its
      features mentioned on the website would hold up to the elements.  And one more thing, I know I don’t need to
      remind you that we live in Igloos up here, but sending some Down would be
      helpful … <wink>
      Owner Reviews: 3 in the last month and 1 in the Queue
      – they can be viewed on my tester Page: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/theresa_lawrence
      Current Tests: High Sierra Titan 65L Pack – FR just
      completed Nov 13/12
      Completed Tests can be viewed on my tester page with
      the link above and my Tester Status Page is here: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1909.htm
      I have no other outstanding applications and no
      other BGT roles.
      Thank you for considering my application,
      Theresa Lawrence