74120APPLICATION Honey Stingers Organic Waffles-Frances Penn

  • fpenn@sbcglobal.net
    Sep 30, 2012
      Disclaimer: I have read Chapter 5 of the BackpackGearTest Survival Guide,
      Version 0609 and I will follow all requirements. My signed tester agreement is
      on file.

      Bio:
      Name: Frances Penn
      Age: 56
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
      Weight: 135 lb (61 kg)
      E-mail: fpenn AT sbcglobal DOT net
      Location: Costa Mesa, California, USA

      Backpacking background: I have been backpacking for five years mostly on long
      weekends in Southern California with one or two 5-day trips per year in the
      Sierras. My total daypack weight is usually 15 lb (7 kg) and my total backpack
      weight is usually 28-30 lb (13-14 kg). I am a tent camper and have experienced
      all night rain, heavy winds, camping in snow, but mostly fair weather.

      Test Plan: I am looking forward to testing the waffles on my upcoming backpacking trips during the testing period in Joshua Tree National Park and the San Gorgonio Wilderness Area of California. This test will be in the winter so my trips will be in cold, snow and/or rainy weather which will be the perfect opportunity to test the waffles in adverse conditions for ease of use with no need to cook breakfast or for a quick snack on the trail. I have been looking at these waffles in the stores but was reluctant to purchase new food that I haven't tasted. I am always looking for new food options so this is an interesting testing opportunity.

      Previous tests:
      Gregory Sage 55 Backpack
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Packs/Internal%20and%20External%20Framed\
      %20Backpacks/Gregory%20Sage%2055%20or%20Savant%2058%20pack/Test%20Report%20by%20\
      Frances%20Penn/
      Hi-Tec Sports Cloud Chaser Shell rain jacket,
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Rain%20Gear/Jackets%20and%20Pants/Hi-Tec\
      %20Sports%20Cloud%20Chaser%20Shell/Test%20Report%20by%20Frances%20Penn/
      ORs: I have completed 2 ORs in the past 12 months. They can be found at:
      Dirty Girl Gaiters:
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Footwear/Accessories/Dirty%20Girl%20Gait\
      \
      ers/Owner%20Review%20by%20Frances%20Penn/
      Gossamer Gear RIksak Daypak:
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Packs/Internal%20and%20External%20Framed\
      \
      %20Backpacks/Gossamer%20Gear%20Riksak%20Day%20Pack/Owner%20Review%20by%20Frances\
      \
      %20Penn/

      Current Test: I am currently testing the Columbia Omni-Freeze ICE base
      layer short sleeve shirt. This test is in the LTR stage. My tester status page
      can be found at http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1905.htm .

      Pending Applications: Chaco Tedinho Waterproof Boots.

      I am awaiting arrival of the Energizer Area Light to start this test.

      I do not play any additional BGT roles.
      My thanks to Honey Stinger and BackpackGearTest for their consideration