73304Re: Let's talk about Gear Wishes

  • Ray
    Jul 2, 2012
      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Kurt" <kwpapke@...> wrote:

      > 1. Anything from Montbell. Anything. Whenever we do a montbell test call everyone starts salivating...

      But nobody remembers they are made for small people and nothing fits when they get it. ;-) (Not really joking, it's true. When we get a test keep it in mind. At least a full size bigger with them.)

      > 2. Anything made from Cuben Fiber, especially tarps. I can't take out a second mortgage on my house to buy one of these dang things.

      Unfortunately the only people willing to play with this are cottage gear manufacturers that really can't afford to give us three of them. So buy one and review it! ;-) Yeah I do. (Did, I'm broke now. Cuben Fiber God look with favor upon your humble backpacking servant and show your**zzzaaappp!**)

      (Now can we please test a cuben tarp...)

      > 3. An upper body garment that actually comes in a Tall size.

      Kurt, like the old Bud commercials said, "I love you man..."

      > 4. I think we now have more BGT testers in Arizona than any other state.

      What, you gonna secede? ;-) Join the new BGT&A(rizona) Woo-hoo, I'm in. Look at those peaks, and they're all tan, colored...

      >Us desert rats can always use more/better water carrying gear,

      I agree. No matter where you live water storage can make your hike and camp more enjoyable.

      Ray
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic