71693Application: ExOfficio Roamr pants - Mike Pearl

  • Mike Pearl
    Feb 29, 2012
      Please accept my application to test the ExOfficio Roamr pants.  I have read the BackpackGearTest Survival Guide v. 0609 and Bylaws v. 0609.  I agree to comply with all requirements and timetables, including the five night/ten day minimum use requirement. I have signed and submitted the Tester Agreement.

      Name:      Mike Pearl
      Email:      mikepearl36(at)yahoo(dot)com
      Age:         38
      Location:  Woodstock, Vermont, USA
      Gender:    Male
      Height:     5'9" (175 cm)
      Weight:    155 lb (70.3 kg)

      My backpacking experience began eight years ago, after years of car camping. Most trips are for two or three days, some lasting a week. I hike with a group of two to four, with plans for a multi-day solo hike this summer. I pack
      a tent or tarp depending on availability of trail shelters. My average mileage is 12 mi (19 km). While aware of weight, it is not my primary concern. I strive for enjoyable outings with functional, reliable gear. I usually travel in woodland mountain terrain. I am a three season camper, but enjoy hiking all year.

      I hope to stretch these pants to their limits while roaming in the Green Mountains of Vermont and White Mountains of New Hampshire. The terrain here is temperate woodland forest, approximate elevations 700-5000 ft (200-1500 m) with average high/low temperatures for the next four months 70/45 F (21/7 C).
      Spring and early summer in my locale involves mud, bugs and fluctuating temperatures and conditions.  I would enjoy the opportunity to see how the Roamr pants stands up to all three.  In addition comfort is big concern.  My frustration with
      pants comes when taking a big step and having my range of motion limited.  I am curious about the four-way stretch fabric in such a situation.

      If selected, my pant size is 32 waist and 30 inseam.
      My color preference is slate, please.

      Current Test:  Obermeyer - Cocona Shell - LTR due 12 March 2012
                           Ribzwear - Ribz front pack - awaiting arrival
      Outstanding Applications:  None

      Test Status Page:  http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1884.htm
      Report Page:
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/mike%20pearl%c2%a0
      OR's Within The Last Year: One
      BGT Roles:  None

      Thank you for considering my application,
      Mike