      Florence, South Carolina USA
      Date: 1 December 2012

      Backpacking Background:
      I used to backpack in college a zillion years ago and just in the last few years have backpacked some private trails in Tennessee, Missouri and most recently South Carolina. I have been an avid car-camper for twelve years and I have kayak/canoe camped for six years, both in South Carolina, Tennessee, Missouri and Arkansas. I use a lot of the same equipment for both. I hike hilly/rocky trails especially in Missouri (my home state) and Arkansas. I live in South Carolina and am busy checking out the terrain here with my eighteen year-old son.

      Test Plan:

      Generally, my son and I camp, hike, and kayak in and around Florence, SC. I belong to a group of outdoorsy folks called the Sumter Hiking, Cycling and Adventure Club. We paddle, hike, and camp at the spur of the moment. So, if someone posts a trip on the website, we very often join them. I am also the faculty sponsor of the university's camping club. I try to take them out every other month in the winter. I have NEVER been as cold as I am in South Carolina in the humid winter! So, let's just see how warm these booties are…

      I'll test for:
      Comfort and warmth - Are they comfortable? Will they keep my feet warm? especially after paddling, causing cold, wet feet? Is the closure really secure
      Packability – Will they squish up small to put in my pack or kayak?
      Durability and cleaning – Can they be laundered? Will they hold up? Will the closure hold up and continue to hold? How well does the sole hold up with "occasional outside use?" I routinely destroy a pair of "house shoes" in the winter with my occasional outside use.

      Size large and color black, if possible.

      Current tests:
      Yakima Rocketbox – due to be shipped in January

      Tester Status Page: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1845.htm

      NO applications out.

      No owner reviews in the last year.

      Previously Written Reports can be found at http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/vicioushillbilly

      Thank you for considering this application and thanks to Baffin for providing Base Camp Booties for testing – Dawn Larsen.