      From: nwcurt
      To: backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 7:29 AM
      Subject: [backpackgeartesters] EDIT: ULA Circuit (John W.)

      Hi John,

      Thanks for your patience on the edit. HTML all looks great on my computer. It's always great to see a bunch of pics like that. Edits are noted with **. Feel free to upload when ready.
      Take care,

      -Curt

      I've not only packed hiking stuff in this unit, but I also load this pack up with radio gear when hiking to tower sites.
      **Probably should be "loaded" to keep the tense correct.

      My GPS fits into the other hipbelt pounch along with my cell phone.
      **Should be "pouch" - got an extra letter in there.

      However, when I used the Circuit on shorter day hikes, I put 1/2 liter plastic bottles into the side pouches.
      **Not really sure this needs a conversion officially, but just an FYI in case you want to throw in "pint" or "half quart" or something.

      My HTC Touch Pro Window Mobile touch cellular phone fits either vertically or horizontally in either hipbelt pouch.
      **Need an "S" on "Windows". Wouldn't want to upset anyone in Redmond :)

      All the strap and belt adjustments are easily accessible while warning the pack.
      **Did you mean while "wearing" the pack?

      Well, they do come in handy when resting and they also can server as another loop to clip a thermometer or emergency whistle to.
      **Extra letter "R" on "server" - should just be "serve"

      A 24 oz (.68 kg) insulated Polar Bottle worked very well because it has indented ridges all around the bottle that the ties could grab into.
      **I think you're talking about volume here, not weight. In that case the conversion should be to ml or liters, right?

      In all, with two-2 L hydration packs, and enough of the proper-sized water bottles in the side pouches and under the shoulder strap loops, I could get up to about 8 L of water! That's 2.2 lbs (.998 kg) per liter, or 17.6 lbs (7.98 kg) of water!
      **Makes me glad I backpack in the NW and never have to carry water :) My entire load is rarely 17 pounds!