61822Mod - EDIT -IR - Timex WS4 watch - R Caffin

  • Thomas Vickers
    Jan 5, 2010

      > The specifications claim '50 m water resistance', but apparently this is
      > another one of those dubious marketing claims which you are not meant to
      > actually believe or use. The FAQ page for the watch does say 'We do not
      > recommend swimming with your WS4. The WS4 is 50 meter water resistant, and
      > the general rule of thumb for any watch is: 30 meter can be safely splashed;
      > 50 meters is safe in a shower; 100 meters is safe in the pool; and 200
      > meters is safe for snorkeling or light diving.' I find this definition for
      > '50 m' to be misleading to the point of being deliberately fraudulent.

      Roger,
      I am going to take issue with the statement of being "deliberately
      fraudulent"

      Unless I am missing something, the watch states it has '50 m water
      resistance' and the website for the particular watch actually defines
      what this means, how is that fraudulent?
      Now if you felt mislead by the documentation that came with the watch
      and the fact that you had to dig for the definition on the website added
      to this feeling of being mislead, I would feel fine with you stating
      this, but "deliberately fraudulent" is not a proper choice of words in
      my view.

      So maybe some clarification and rewording would make this work much better.

      Tvickers
      Timex WS4 Mod
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic