4641Re: Attn. fellow Comet backpack testers....

  • Coy
    Jul 4, 2005
      Once you get them in right:') you can bend them to better fit your
      back...well if they are metal. Carbon fiber would not remember.
      This is a normal practice with backpacks so it would not be a gear
      alteration presay. You can bend them inside the sleeve so your not
      fighting them back in every time you bend them a little. just go
      slow. you want the bend of the stay(s) to match your backs
      profile. this profile would be while leaning forward slightly like
      when hiking with the pack, not your standing posture. I did this on
      my Camp Trails Lobo. it does help.

      Coy Boy

      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "chcoa" <jdeben@h...>
      wrote:
      > Thanks Coy. I guess my having to ask shows my inexperience with
      > frame optional packs. But I'm learning. :)
      >
      > have a wonderful 4th
      > jamie d
      >
      > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Coy" <starnescr@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > most pack staves are shapes like this. pretend you are facing
      left
      > > looking at the screen. your back will be on the right. the top
      of
      > > the pack stave(s) will bend this way over your shoulders. \ then
      > going
      > > down your back it/they will bend this way. / then lowest of all
      > > it/they will bend back the other way away from your hip like
      this. \

      > > Coy Boy
      > >
      > > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "chcoa"
      <jdeben@h...>
      > wrote:
      > > > So the main bend in the supports faces outward. How weird!
      > THat's
      > > > what I thought I remembered but it was so uncomfortable to
      wear I
      > > > thought it must be wrong. I hiked with them concaved for about
      3
      > hours
      > > > on Sat. and it felt fine. I guess I better switch it around
      so
      > my
      > > > tesing isn't off.
      > > >
      > > > thanks