40157EDIT/APPROVAL: IR - Osprey Tallon 33 - Coy Boy

  • nazdarovye
    Dec 15, 2007
      Hi Coy -

      Sorry for the delay, and nice job as always. Some typos and cleanup
      below - fix and upload at will.

      I'm excited to see you're testing it for biking as well as backpacking
      - really interested to hear how that goes.

      Thanks,
      Steve

      [EDITS FOLLOW:]

      Osprey Tallon 33 backpack
      ***EDIT: "Talon" here and throughout the report

      website pic curtiousy
      ***EDIT: "courtesy"

      Item: Tallon 33 M/L (medium/large size)
      ***EDIT: "Talon"

      The Tallon 33 is one of 4 "Tallon" packs in the Active Light Pursuits
      series.
      ***EDIT: "Talon"

      The Tallons all share the AIRSCAPE BACKPANEL, "a mesh covered, 4mm
      HDPE ridge molded foam backpanel with integrated air channels."
      ***EDIT: "Talons"

      The only real surprise is the AirScape
      Backpanel, "a mesh covered, 4mm HDPE ridge molded foam backpanel with
      integrated air channels."
      ***OPTIONAL: I corrected "4mm" to "4 mm" in another report - but no
      worries either way (especially if this is a direct quote)

      I plan to use the Tallon 33 as my overnight backpack for the duration
      of the test.
      ***EDIT: "Talon"

      I will also use the Tallon 33 while cycling as it is
      intended for that use also.
      ***EDIT: "Talon"

      On the same note, will
      the 4mm HDPE ridge molded foam backpanel keep my back protected from
      sharp and or hard objects?
      ***OPTIONAL: ditto on "4mm" versus "4 mm"

      Is it easy to take the pack on and off at rest stops?
      Is the pack generally waterproof or will I need to purchase a pack
      cover or put all my vulnerabl gear in dry bags?
      ***EDIT: "vulnerable"

      Please check back in approximately
      2 months for my Field Report to see how the Tallon 33 is doing.
      ***EDIT: "Talon"

      [END OF EDITS]
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic