38962Re: TEST CALL REMINDER! Big Sky Summit Shelter

  • Andy Mytys
    Nov 2, 2007
      Great. I will assume then that this manufacture was reviewed or, if
      the "reputation" was not known, it will be reviewed before proceeding.

      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Steinkamp"
      <shane@...> wrote:

      > > I don't know if these issues have been resolved or not. However, I
      > > don't think that BGT should be reviewing gear if there's a strong
      > > possibility that our readers will fall into a customer-service mess as
      > > a result of a positive technical review of a product.
      >
      > We can only report on our actual experiences with the product
      itself, and
      > any actual interaction between the tester and the company. Hearsay
      isn't
      > part of the reporting process.
      >
      > The Moderators (and Jerry) do make decisions not to test with various
      > companies for various reasons, but these discussions are not always
      made
      > public. There is an ethical standard, but I would be hard pressed
      to define
      > it, since these decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.
      >
      > Shane
      > BGT Moderator

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic