34531Re: General question on water treatment

  • pamwyant
    Jun 1, 2007
      I'm going to step in here too. I am surprised none of our water
      treatment gurus have spoke up. Nearly all chemical treatment methods
      may take up to 4 hours for protozoa/cysts, depending on water
      temperature and clarity. Read the back of Aqua Mira drops. I don't
      have any on hand, and can't find it readily on the website, but as I
      best recall it states it can take up to four hours for cysts. Read
      the labels of Iodine treatments. From the Potable Aqua
      website: "Potable Aqua is not effective against cryptosporidium

      Compare apples to apples. Potential long treatment time is one
      drawback of chemical methods.

      Pam Wyant
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic