32099Re: [backpackgeartesters] Initial Report- Black Diamond OneShot Tent-Ralph Di...

  • JimSabis@aol.com
    Mar 31, 2007
      In a message dated 3/31/2007 12:34:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      rdassetts@... writes:

      If there was a video of me trying to pitch it, it would have to be a
      silent movie and the sight would not be pretty, mainly my backside sticking
      out feeding tent poles into a supposedly yawning doorway that is a tad

      Ah! That might be your problem, the view of your agitated derrier
      not-with-standing. ; )

      I find the best way to set up the tent is to stake out the four corners, then
      sit in the open door facing out. Awning pole goes in first. Then, with the
      two main poles out in front, I run the first straight into its corner without
      changing my position. With the pole seated in the corner patch (not the
      grommet!) I just start bendng the pole into place. I find the far end comes to the
      opposite front corner quite naturally, with little strain. Once seated in the
      corner patch (I still do not bother with the grommets) I pull the tent body over
      the pole and my head. I then repeat the process with the final pole. The poles
      sit roughly in the proper position.

      This is when I check the grommets. I make sure the pole end is siting in the
      grommet and fasten the hook&loop fastener immediately above it. I work all
      four corners like this. I find that the poles work gradually into position with a
      minimum of fuss using this method, tho some fussing may be required. I finish
      by edging the poles into position and closing the remaining fasteners. All
      this is done from my sitting position (I lay down and to the side when
      positioning the rear corners and fasteners).

      Takes just a few minutes. Easy as pie. No cussing required.

      Jim S.

      If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can
      solve them. - Isaac Asimov