22154EDIT: Zyflex Thermals FR--Will

  • Jennifer
    Jul 31, 2006
      EDIT: Zyflex Thermals FR--Will

      Hi Will-

      Here are your edits. Html looks good. Upload at will. ;)

      Jennifer P.

      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Will Rietveld"
      <willi_wabbit@...> wrote:

      > Hi. Here's my Zyflex Thermals FR for editing. Thanks in advance. The
      html version is in the test folder at:
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/TESTS/Xyflex%20Thermals%20FR--Will/

      > FIELD REPORT: ZYFLEX THERMAL SHIRT AND PANTS
      >
      > Date: July 27, 2006
      >
      > TESTER INFORMATION
      > Name: Will Rietveld
      > Age: 63
      > Gender: Male
      > Height: 6 ft (183 cm)
      > Weight: 170 lb (77 kg)
      > Measurements: Chest 41 in (104 cm), sleeve length 34 in (86 cm),
      waist 34 in (86 cm), inseam 32 in (81 cm)
      > Email: (willi_wabbit at bresnan dot net)
      > City & State: Durango, CO 81301
      > Location for Testing: Southwestern US (Colorado, Utah, Arizona, New
      Mexico).

      > Backpacking Experience-I have been an avid backpacker for 48 years.
      Backpacking is my passion. In the fall, winter, and spring I backpack
      in UT, AZ, and NM. In the summer I backpack in several wilderness
      areas in the southern Colorado Mountains.

      > Backpacking Style-I have been a lightweight backpacker for many
      years and an ultralight backpacker for 7 years. My wife and I give
      presentations on ultralight backpacking in the local area, and have
      developed a website called Southwest Ultralight Backpacking
      (http://home.bresnan.net/~swultralight/) to share information.

      > PRODUCT INFORMATION
      > Manufacturer: Zyflex
      > Manufacturer Website: http://www.Zyflex.com/
      > Products Tested: Thermal Shirt and Thermal Pants
      > Year of Manufacture: 2006
      > Color: Gray
      > Sizes Available: Shirt is available in unisex youth S, M, L; and
      unisex adult S, M, L, XL, XXL. Pants are available in men's and
      women's S, M, L, XL, and men's XXL
      > Size Tested: Shirt is XL, pants are men's L
      > Weight: Listed weights are 7 oz (198 g) for the shirt and 6.6 oz
      (187 g) for the pants; measured weights for the sizes tested are 8.9
      oz (252 g) for the shirt and 6.9 oz (196 g) for the pants
      > MSRP: Shirt is $34.99 US, pants is $29.99 US
      >
      > PRODUCT DESCRIPTION (photos)
      > From the manufacturer's website:
      >
      > "The Zyflex� Thermal Shirt provides superior warmth for its weight
      and is perfect for any winter activity. Comprised of our patented,
      breathable, water-resistant material, this shirt is a must for any
      outdoor adventure in adverse conditions. The shirt is constructed with
      raglan sleeves, an extended back, and external tags for optimal
      comfort and performance."

      > "The Zyflex� Thermal Pants are designed to provide maximum
      insulation during the winter months. Comprised of our patented
      breathable fabric, the Zyflex pants will allow you to wear fewer
      layers and still be plenty warm in the harshest conditions. Designed
      with a soft elastic waistband and thin cuffs at the ankle."

      > FIELD REPORT
      > TEST PERIOD-Late May 2006 to late September 2006.
      ###Edit - I think this is confusing. It sounds like this is the field
      report testing period and what you're reporting on here.

      > TEST LOCATION-Southern Colorado Mountains.
      >
      > TESTING CONDITIONS-The testing environments were forests and high
      elevation alpine country. Expected extreme conditions include:
      ####EDIT - Are these still your expected conditions or is this what
      you actually experienced? Please only list the conditions you
      actually encountered.

      snow showers, strong winds, rain storms, heavy rain, intense sun, low
      temperatures, and high elevations with strong UV and intense
      thunderstorms. Terrains are forest trails, off-trail bushwhacking,
      scrambling, and walking in rain and snow. Elevations ranged from 6,000
      to 13,500 ft (1829 to 4115 m) and expected nighttime temperatures
      ranged from 28 to 55 F (-2 to 13 C).

      <snip>
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic