Re: [bachforguitar] So how hard do u think playing bach is?

  • Nana Upik
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 16, 2005

      Hi,, I'm ucrit, 21, F, Jakarta

      I'm very interesting in Bach preludes, but in fact, i find some difficulties in getting his musical notes (originally writing, i suggested). I need some help,, thanx you.

    • Francisco Diaz
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 29, 2005
        Hey man, when I was able to play the Bourre in his entirety without errors and a acceptable velocity, I felt realized, almost match the Liona Boyd version.
        Now I'm stuck in the Gavotte, the second half still not fast enough to reach Maestro Segovia, try the Sonatina in A minor from Torroba is not so hard as it sound and will give you a sense of virtuosity.

        Tommie Boy <Dauphinplayer@...> wrote:
        I'm studying for my masters in guitar pedagogy and so i'm trying to
        learn an entire bach lute suite for the masters recital(Lute Suite
        1006).  So I'm curious about how far along other people are with
        playing bach and any stories they have.  Jeez I must have at least
        spent a year alone trying to play the prelude.  The first time I heard
        the John Williams version I was like (insert scaredy smiley
        here)...but now it's not so bad.....as long as I play half as fast as
        he does. LOL.  So any stories would be appreciated.