Re: Hurricane Deployment - What to Expect

  • Mike McGill
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2008
      --- In baarclub@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Budro" <ke5mer@...> wrote:

      > At the next face to face meeting (this coming Tuesday), I will be
      > going over what to expect at the EOC during a real hurricane
      > deployment for amateur radio. Working at the Baytown and Chambers
      > County EOC's during the HURREX08 drill over the past couple of days
      > has shed some new light on how things will operate. I will see if I
      > can get Ryan over for the meeting from Chambers, and possibly Bill
      > from Baytown, if they do not already have plans. I would urge all
      > members to attend if you can, this way we can address any concerns
      or
      > issues. Let me know if any of you have any questions or suggestions,
      > thanks.
      >
      > Mark, K5EXX
      >
      > PS - Please feel free to invite other hams from Pasadena, Clear
      Lake,
      > La Porte, Mont Belvieu, etc.

      Mark I'd like to say "Thanks" for the time and effort you and Ken
      have put into the EOC and shedding some light as to how amateur
      radio can benefit the community during perilous times. Well done.
      k5mrm
    • Mark Budro
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2008
        > Mark I'd like to say "Thanks" for the time and effort you and Ken
        > have put into the EOC and shedding some light as to how amateur
        > radio can benefit the community during perilous times. Well done.
        > k5mrm

        Thanks for the compliment, it takes all of us to make it a success,
        and I believe that we are well on our way.

        Mark, K5EXX