Gator Ride 2008

  • Mark Budro
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2, 2008
      Good job to all who participated in the communications for the Gator
      Ride this year! To those that were not able to attend, you missed a
      pretty good time. We (BAARC) were able to add an element to the ride
      this year that, to my knowledge, has never been offered on the ride.
      We had Internet and email capabilities, as well as secure video
      conference and chat capabilities. All of these things can be used for
      numerous applications. Next year, I think we will try and get laptops
      that are setup for the secure video conference at rest stops that we
      provide support for. Anyway, what are your thoughts and comments on
      the ride? Good or bad.

      Mark, K5EXX
    • Steve
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 2, 2008
        --- In baarclub@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Budro" <ke5mer@...> wrote:

        > Good job to all who participated in the communications for the Gator
        > Ride this year! To those that were not able to attend, you missed a
        > pretty good time. We (BAARC) were able to add an element to the ride
        > this year that, to my knowledge, has never been offered on the ride.
        > We had Internet and email capabilities, as well as secure video
        > conference and chat capabilities. All of these things can be used for
        > numerous applications. Next year, I think we will try and get laptops
        > that are setup for the secure video conference at rest stops that we
        > provide support for. Anyway, what are your thoughts and comments on
        > the ride? Good or bad.
        >
        > Mark, K5EXX

        Things went smoothly at Rest Stop 4! Murphys law didnt rear its ugly
        head at my location, thank goodness.
      • Ken
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 2, 2008
          In Sag 7 we had a good time. I would like to hold a critique at our
          face to face meeting this coming Tuesday night. I have a few comments
          that I don't think need to aired in this forum.

          Ken
        • ns5emfk
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 2, 2008
            I want to thank everyone who worked the Gator Ride. Could not ask
            for more -- regardless of the shortcomings
            you provided a great service to the YMCA in a real
            environment not a drill. As you could see over the years the ride has
            gotten bigger. Without improvements each year we would be falling
            behind. The weather was tops - next year it may be crap and the
            problems and need for communications will be greater.

            The scouts have it right -- BE PREPARED.

            The critique Tuesday will be a good start for next year.

            Thanks to the Pasadena club and BAARC

            Thanks again and 73, Mike ns5e
          • Danny
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 2, 2008
              Thanks to all who did a good job for the YMCA. They have already sent
              Thank You and will be doing same to the radio clubs in the Baytown Sun.
              Thanks for posting pics. Great rest stops!!
              Danny