Re: Chambers County CERT

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2007
      --- In baarclub@yahoogroups.com, "rholzaepfel" <rholzaepfel@...>
      wrote:

      > If you or anyone you know is interested in being part of the
      Chambers
      > County Community Emergency Response Team (CERT), please let me
      know.
      > We received a grant to pay for training and equipment for CERT
      members,
      > and would like to establish a team. Right now we have enough
      funding
      > to cover up to 24 team members. It would be great to have amateur
      > operators on the team. To find out more about what CERT is, please
      > visit: http://www.citizencorps.gov/cert/index.shtm
      >
      > For those of you living too far from Chambers County, I believe
      Baytown
      > also has a similar team.

      Ryan would you post the live link to the online training for the CERT
      class. The website lists some links however I do not think that
      these are what you and I discussed.
      Thanks
      steve
      kc5 nam

      > Thanks,
      >
      > Ryan Holzaepfel
      > Chambers County OEM
      > Office: 409-267-8318

    • Mark Budro
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2007
        Steve,

        Here is a link to all the classes, just scroll down and find the ones
        that you need.

        http://training.fema.gov/IS/viewall.asp

      • bd2dabone@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2007
          AOL Email
          Okay thanks Mark.  Looks like a large list.  Ryan told me of 3 specific courses.  I will have to await his response to specify which 3 courses he and I discussed.
          thanks
          steve
          kc5 nam

          You Guys Having A Killer Time?

          See what's free at AOL.com.
        • rholzaepfel
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2, 2007
            Hey Steve,

            The classes that all basic first responders are required to have per
            state and federal mandates are:

            IS-100 Introduction to Incident Command System
            http://training.fema.gov/emiweb/is/is100.asp

            IS-700 Intro to National Incident Management System
            http://training.fema.gov/emiweb/is/is700.asp

            There is also a CERT class, but it is not supposed to be substituted
            for actual hands-on classroom CERT training:

            IS-317 Introduction to CERT
            http://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/is317.asp

            Hope these live links help you guys.

            Ryan