Texas state parks contest

  • John Price
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2013
      I got this from OFARC

      From: Tom S King <tom.s.king@...>
      Subject: [NARS] Texas Staate Parks On The Air
      To: "NARS" <nars@...>
      Date: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 1:10 AM
      NARS is sponsoring a new contest - Texas State Parks On The Air (TSPOTA).

      It is our hope that the TSPOTA Contest is just a starting point for Texas
      Amateurs and Amateurs visiting our great State to activate one or more Texas
      State Parks, Natural Areas, and Historic Sites. To that end the TSPOTA
      Committee also sponsors the WATXSP Certificate for successfully working all
      ninety-nine Texas State Parks, Natural Areas and Historic sites listed on
      the Texas Parks and Wildlife and TSPOTA web sites.

      Who:

      The contest is open to all Amateurs world-wide, but especially Texas
      Amateurs. Non-Texas stations may work only Texas stations located in a Texas
      State Park; Texas stations not located in a Texas State Park may only
      contact stations operating from inside a Texas State Park. Stations located
      in a State Park, Natural Area or Historic Site may work all stations.

      When:

      April 6-7, 2013 from 1800 UTC Saturday to 2100 UTC Sunday.

      Objective:

      To work as many stations as possible on any and all amateur bands (excluding
      the 60, 30, 17, and 12- meter bands) and in doing so to learn to operate in
      abnormal situations in less than optimal conditions. A premium is placed on
      developing skills to meet the challenges of emergency preparedness as well
      as to acquaint the general public with the capabilities of Amateur Radio.

      To have competing stations, individual or club, operating from as many of
      Texas' ninety-nine state parks as possible. Making contacts from a Texas
      State Park to other Texas State Parks is the goal all stations should strive
      for.

      Links:

      Texas Department of Parks and Wildlife : http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/

      Texas State Parks On The Air: http://www.tspota.com/