CERT Rodeo - Ham Radio Operators Still Needed

  • Alfred Perez
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2013
      Thank you to everyone who as ready volunteered for this event.  Additional radio operators are still needed for the CERT Rodeo 2013. The event is this Saturday, February 9th 2013.

      We're seeking beginners and experienced operators.  If you're new to all this, it's not a problem at all, we'll guide you though it. You do not have to be an ARES member to support this event. There are AM and PM shifts available.  Most Hams choose to support both the morning and afternoon shifts. You may volunteer for just one shift.

      The CERT Rodeo 2013 is a contest of skills for Community Emergency Response (CERT) teams though-out Texas to compete in. This competition can be one of the most interesting of all of the events we have the opportunity to support as Hams.  Real helicopter landings/take offs, full-size derailed trains, collapsed structures, hazards materials events, burning buildings are just a few of the kinds of things you'll see and experience as a important part of this one day event.

      If you have already volunteered, thank you! If you can support this event, please reply with your call-sign and contact details ASAP.

      If you can pass this email on to other individual or ham groups who could assist with this event would be greatly appreciated.

      Why: Volunteers still needed:
      What: Harris County CERT Rodeo
      When: February 9, 20137:00 AM – approx. 4:00 PM
      Where: Harris County Fire & Sheriff’s Training Academy 2318 Atascocita Rd Humble, TX 77396

      73

    • wcleveland2@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2013
        At this time I can participate in this year's rodeo as a communicator.  I have mobile and handheld capabilities for 2 meters and 440 FM.  I should be able to work from 7am to 4pm.   WD5IBY

        Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless