Re: [ba_diving] Shark incident June 2006

  • Bill Wohler
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 29, 2006
      Chuck Tribolet <triblet@...> writes:

      > Spot (harbor seal) grabs fins, not tanks.

      Unless you're talking about a particular seal, Ken Mayer and I had one
      frisky pup grab us both from behind (not at the same time ;-) and nosed
      our tanks and hoses. When it was my turn, I also got a playful nip on
      the shoulder. Their teeth are really big that close up. I rolled and
      said game over and the seal got the message.

      This was at Monastery. There were LOTS of seals in the water that day.
      When we walked out, and looked back into the sea, about 20 heads popped
      out of the water as if to say, Hey! Where are you going?

      We dive in a wonderful place.

      --
      Bill Wohler <wohler@...> http://www.newt.com/wohler/ GnuPG ID:610BD9AD