Re: [ba_diving] Heres a link to a new scooter

  • Paul Braunbehrens
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2003
      Out of curiosity I inquired as to the price of this beast. It was a
      long time in coming, but I've received the price list. The 5.6 is
      7,723 Euro's, and successive models are more expensive. The top of the
      line 5.12 is 11,600 Euro. The "black shadow" model, rated to 150m/450
      ft is not listed on the price sheet, but it's probably even more money.

      The Euro is roughly 1.1 dollars right now.

      As a point of comparison, the Gavin scooter
      http://www.gavinscooters.com/ is about $3,500, and a proven design that
      has been used on incredible dives
      http://www.wkpp.org/articles/Exploration/18grand1.htm

      However, I they do seem to be very helpful over at delf...

      "We are to you at the disposal"

      (Being of german descent, I get to make fun of that with impunity)

      ;-)

      It is an interesting design, and I wish them well....I just wonder how
      many units they are going to sell? Would you rather have a delf or 3
      gavins?