Harmony Sweepstakes National Finals results

  • John Neal - by way of michael.olivier@in
    Message 1 of 2 , May 10, 1998
      These are the results of the 1998 National Harmony Sweepstakes A
      Cappella Festival.

      National Champions Metropolis Los Angeles
      2nd +4db San Francisco
      3rd (Tie) City Lights New York
      Blind Man's Bluff Chicago

      Best Original Song Wake Up Call David Wilner, Blind Man's Bluff

      Best Original Arrangement David Duran Mellow Tone, +4db

      Thank you to all the competing groups and to the enthusiastic sold out
      audience for making this quite possibly the best finals so far.

      John Neal

      --
      ======================
      For a free copy of the catalog send your street address to:-

      PO Box D, San Anselmo CA 94979
      Voice 415-455-8602 Fax 415-459-1622

      Check out our web site at http://www.singers.com
    • A Cappella News
      Message 2 of 2 , May 10, 2005
        Pacific Northwest regional champs Groove For Thought took top honors
        this weekend by being crowned National Champions at the Harmony
        Sweepstakes A Cappella Festival National Finals. With only a few
        points separating the groups it was one of the closest competitions in
        years and once again the sell-out crowd was treated to some top notch
        a cappella singing.

        As producers of the show we try hard every year to truly find the most
        exciting groups from around the country and to have the event be a
        showcase, not only for them, but for a cappella music in general. I
        think we can confidently say we have accomplished that once again this
        year.

        Thanks to all the groups who participated in our many events, to the
        regional producers for all their hard work and a special thanks to the
        audiences who year after year come out and support our shows. Here are
        the complete results.

        NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - Groove For Thought

        2nd Place - Face (Rocky Mountain)

        3rd Place - Fiveplay (Chicago)

        Audience Favorite - Face

        Best Original Song - "Walk the Straighter Road" Kevin Kunz - Groove
        For Thought

        Best Original Arrangement - "Paper Moon" Greg Murai - Moodswing

        To read a report of the event please visit:-

        http://www.acappellanews.com
        A CAPPELLA NEWS.
        A vocal harmony blog

        John Neal