Vocal Percussion classes in Berkeley

  • achaikin
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2002
      Howdy friends, Andrew Chaikin here.
      (Former House Jack, et cetera...)

      I'm giving some vocal percussion classes
      in Berkeley in early May. The first one is
      for complete beginners; then, if you like
      what you learned, you can come back a
      week later and go deeper.

      The Beginner class is open-enrollment.
      The Intermediate class will be limited to
      10 students only. If you're interested
      in the Intermediate class, email me and
      let me know.

      The classes will be held at the Jazzschool
      in downtown Berkeley. (Apparently they
      don't mind that my style is more rock /
      hip-hop / funk.)

      More info on the classes:

      =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-=

      Sun, May 5 -- 2-4pm
      LEARN VOCAL PERCUSSION!

      Drum with your mouth! You can become a
      vocal percussionist in no time -- I'll teach
      you how. Practicing vocal percussion is
      good for singers, drummers, or anybody
      who likes to make noise. No experience is
      required, but be prepared to use your
      voice in totally new ways. $30 for
      Jazzschool students, $40 otherwise.

      This class is open-enrollment; call the
      Jazzschool (510-845-5373) to sign up.

      =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-=

      Sun, May 12 -- 2-4pm
      INTERMEDIATE VOCAL PERCUSSION

      This class is for those who have a grasp
      of the basics of vocal percussion, and
      want to take their skills to the next level.
      Class size will be limited to 10 students.
      $50 for Jazzschool students, $60 otherwise.

      Prerequisites: my Beginning VP class, and/or
      a grasp of the basics, demonstrable via a
      low-stress phone audition.

      For more info on the registration process:
      http://www.biggerbread.com/classes.htm

      =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-=

      Both classes will be held at:

      The Jazzschool
      2087 Addison St., Berkeley CA
      (510) 845-5373
      http://www.jazzschool.com/classes/spring/voice.php#workshops

      =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-=

      If you don't know who the heck I am, or why
      I am qualified to teach vocal percussion, feel
      free to listen to the many samples available
      at my Web site: http://www.biggerbread.com

      Stay funky,

      Andrew Chaikin
      andrew at bigger bread dot com

      For the latest me-news, join one of my
      e-newsletters: one for SF Bay Area folks,
      one for everywhere else. I promise to tread
      lightly on your inbox. :) For more info, see
      http://www.biggerbread.com