Auditions: Vocal Jazz Octet

  • jpettus@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8, 2002
      The High Seas is an 8 woman vocal group sponsored by the St. Francis Yacht
      Club in San Francisco. We are directed by Jack Rogers, who creates wonderful,
      challenging SSAA arrangements of standard and "not so standard" jazz tunes
      for us. We're a tight-knit, fun-loving group which performs both a cappella
      and accompanied (piano or trio) at numerous Bay Area and St. Francis Yacht
      Club events. Since most of us have day jobs, we rehearse at the Yacht Club
      Monday evenings from 6:30-8PM.

      We're looking for a principal soprano 1, and one understudy each for the
      other parts. Candidates should have a love of vocal jazz, basic sight
      reading ability, excellent pitch, good showmanship and the ability to sing
      without vibrato. We 're looking for a good blend with the group, vocal and
      otherwise. You must be able to commit to regular Monday night rehearsals as
      well as an occasional added rehearsal before performances.

      Auditions will be held by appointment at the St. Francis Yacht Club (on the
      Marina in SF), Monday evenings at 6:30 PM beginning April 15. Auditions will
      continue until all four positions are filled. In addition to singing two
      numbers with the group, auditions may include a solo of your choice. Music
      for the group numbers is available beforehand.

      For more information, contact Jackie Edenholm Pettus, (415) 221-3518
      (9AM-5PM), or JPettus @....
    • jpettus@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 26, 2002
        The High Seas is an 8 woman vocal jazz octet sponsored by the St. Francis
        Yacht Club in San Francisco. We're a tight-knit, fun-loving group which
        performs challenging original arrangements of standard and "not so standard"
        tunes, a cappella or accompanied, at numerous Yacht Club and Bay Area events.
        We rehearse at the Yacht Club Monday evenings, 6:30-8PM.

        We have two openings: a principal soprano 1, and an understudy for the alto 1
        part. Candidates should have a love of vocal jazz, basic sight reading
        ability, excellent pitch, good showmanship and the ability to sing without
        vibrato. We 're looking for a good blend with the group, vocal and
        otherwise.

        Auditions will be held by appointment at the St. Francis Yacht Club, Monday
        evenings at 6:30 PM and continue until both positions are filled. In