Seeking female lead singer

  • outonaclef
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2002
      A CAPPELLA QUARTET SEEKS SINGER

      OUT ON A CLEF, a lesbian a cappella quartet, is seeking a
      lead singer. We were founded in 1997 and have performed
      throughout the Bay Area and Northern California. We specialize
      in tight, four-part harmonies and like to satirize standard and pop
      tunes, twisting lyrics to poke fun at convention as well as at
      ourselves. Musical styles are a variety of swing, jazz,
      barbershop, pop, and we're open to others. We've performed at
      such venues as Theatre Rhinoceros, Herbst Theater, LGBT
      Pride Celebrations, Montclair Women's Cultural Arts Club,
      Gayble TV. We are a fun group and work together in a supportive
      way.

      WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR: A woman with stage experience
      and a strong, outgoing stage presence. Experience in group as
      well as solo singing. A blending voice and excellent pitch. Ability
      to sing comfortably in the alto/second soprano range. The lead
      vocalist often has melody lines, but sings harmony parts, too, so
      a good ear for harmony is important. Possession of basic
      music reading skills and a quick learner. Ability to commit to
      weekly rehearsals in the East Bay, learning music at home
      between rehearsals, performing, studio work, some travel for
      festivals. A person who has the passion for this in her life and is
      free from severe time constraints (other than our jobs, which
      regretfully keep us from being totally free wild women).
      Someone who enjoys performing, has a sense of humor (being
      slightly twisted doesn't hurt), and likes to make people laugh.

      AUDITION PROCESS: Please submit a description of your
      musical background and a tape of yourself singing (home
      cassette quality is fine) to Out On A Clef, c/o Janet Rachel, 11065
      Broadway Terrace, Oakland, CA 94611. Please include your
      email address and phone number. If you have any questions,
      contact Janet at 510-654-4088, janetrac@....