Tenor seeks group in South Bay or Peninsula

  • Bob Purvy
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2002
      I'm looking for an acapella group to join or start, in the South Bay or
      Peninsula. Repertoire is fairly open, except no madrigals or early
      music, please. Also would consider either a mixed or an all-male group,
      and I'd really love to find a group that did some jazz or doo-wop now
      and then.

      My background: I have a fairly light tenor voice, with a reliable A and
      a very usable B and high C (well, usually!). My teacher says in a
      four-man group I'd be the tenor (as opposed to the lead).

      I've sung in the chorus with San Jose Lyric Theater in Iolanthe this
      past fall, and have also been in four operas with West Bay Opera (Tales
      of Hoffman, La Traviata, Tosca, and Lucia di Lammermoor). I also sang
      with Stanford Symphonic Chorus and De Anza Chorale. I'm studying now
      with Michael Morris, who's fairly well known in the Bay Area. And no, I
      haven't actually done acapella work, but Michael has and he's definitely
      up for helping me on it.