Rhiannon - the REAL write-up!

  • Selene Vega
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2002
      Dear interested folks,

      We've planned a two-day, intermediate workshop with Rhiannon this
      time, to allow us to go deeper into the work together. If two 1-day
      workshops, Saturday all levels, Sunday Intermediate/Advanced suits you
      better, PLEASE let us know right away! On the other hand, if this is
      just what you want, let us know THAT right away! We will make a final
      decision by Feb. 4th. Meanwhile, here's what we have planned:

      Taking Flight
      a vocal improvisation workshop
      with Rhiannon

      March 23-24, 2002
      10am to 5pm
      Santa Cruz, CA

      This two day workshop is for singers who have developed basic skills in
      rhythm and pitch and are comfortable singing in a group setting.
      Students will find a supportive and inspiring environment for exploring
      the rich and alive world of improvisation. Working alone, in pairs, and
      in ensemble, students stregthen their skills in rhythm, vocal technique,
      body integration, harmony and ear training. Improvisation exercises put
      these tools into context and encourage deep listening, musical awareness
      and expanded creativity. Tap into new levels of personal expression as
      Rhiannon’s innovative exercises guide you to expand your musical horizons!

      Rhiannon is a vibrant, gifted singer and master teacher who has been
      bringing her unique and potent blend of world music, jazz, improvisation
      and storytelling to students and audiences for three decades. At the
      center of Rhiannon’s teaching is the integration of the breath, body,
      and voice. Her workshops provide a wholistic and challenging environment
      for singers to let go of the “known” and discover a more spontaneous
      musical expression. Her strong, compassionate, and constructive guidance
      encourages participants to step beyond their edge and fly!

      Workshop takes place at Skyote Mountain Retreat in the Santa Cruz
      mountains, 20 minutes north of Santa Cruz, 25 minutes south of San Jose.
      Directions sent when registration is received.

      Tuition:$190
      To register, send $75 non-refundable deposit to:
      Selene Vega
      P.O. Box 1691
      Santa Cruz, CA 95061
      Class size is limited.
      Need a place to stay overnight? Contact us for accommodations info

      For more information, call or email Selene 831-440-0645

      --
      ~^~^~^~^~^~^~ selene@... http://www.spiritmoving.com