Stanford Mikado production dates/info
- To all those who responded with interest, or who might've had
friends who would be interested, in the upcoming production of
The Mikado at Stanford:
These are the pertinent facts:
1. Get in touch with Neil Midkiff, who is organizing the
audition sessions. You may reach him at:
nmidkiff@.... E-mail only, please.
2. The auditions are not "scheduled" in the sense that you have to
reserve a time slot. Merely show up during the announced times
and sign in when you get there.
3 . General (public) auditions will be held Wed Jan 23,
7-9:30pm, at Stanford; location and directions from Neil.
4 . Additional *student-only* (unless this is the *only* time
you can audition) auditions: Thu Jan 24, 7-10pm.
5. Please show up no later than 9 pm if you come either evening.
6. More general auditions, Sat Jan 26, 10am-Noon.
7 . CALL-BACKS (if you are selected): Sun Jan 27, 1-5pm (or
maybe as early as 12:30pm, still tba; check w/Neil).
8. FIRST READ-THROUGH: Sun Jan 27, 7-10pm.
9. All these auditions, callbacks, and the first rehearsal are
in the Braun Rehearsal Hall, Braun Music Center (next to Dinkelspiel
Auditorium) on the Stanford campus. Maps and directions are at the
Savoyards web site at http://www.stanford.edu/group/savoyards/
10. PERFORMANCE DATES: Fri-Sat, April 26-27, 8pm;
Fri-Sat, May 3-4, 8pm; Sun May 5, 2:30pm matinee.
As indicated earlier, rehearsals will be about one night
a week, during the work week, plus a Saturday call. Neil
will give you all the details.
Most leads-only rehearsals will be Tuesday evenings 7-10 pm; we'll also
rehearse Sunday and Wednesday evenings 7-10 pm and Saturdays, probably 10
am - 1 pm, depending on when we can reserve rehearsal rooms. Not everyone
will be called for every rehearsal - some will be women only, men only,
Act I finale only, and similar specifics.
In addition, there will be no *student* rehearsals between Mar 10-31,
as that is spring break; but I might want to schedule principal rehearsals
duting that time, at my place in Daly City, right of 280, 2 blocks from
Serramonte...and these are usually *a cappella* rehearsals, sans accomp.,
just to get blocking and choreo down. Dates all tba.