A Cappella Recording Awards

  • MACappella@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13 10:22 AM
      The CARAs are almost upon us. Last year more than a dozen members of the Bay
      Area a cappella community gathered to listen to the hundreds of Cds submitted.

      Expanding the CARAs judging to include members of the community outside CASA
      worked so well last year that we're going to do it again!

      The CARAs nominating will be in the first week of January. Contemporary and
      College will have to be done on weekends because those are the humungous ones
      that cannot be done in an evening, but for the rest, an entire genre can
      easily be done in a few hours in an evening.

      The CARAs judging will be at my home in Alameda again (the CASA in th City
      office not having either a kitchen or a bathroom). My apartment is on easy
      bus routes to the city, Oakland & Berkeley, BART, and there's copious amounts
      of parking. There will also be food & drink provided.

      If you're interested, please email me privately. I need to know what genres
      you're interested in judging (the categories include: Contemporary, Jazz,
      Barbershop, Classical, Comedy, Folk/World, Holiday, Religious, College/High
      School), and what days between January 1st and January 9th you're available.

      Thanks!