Christmas quartets in the Bay Area?

  • Kevin Harris
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2001
      Hello and Happy Holidays,

      I'll try to be brief, so please bear w/ me.

      Ten years ago I had the pleasure of working for a
      company in the Los Angeles area named Lamplight
      Carolers. We were mixed quartets--SATB--that sang
      mostly jazz arrangements of traditional and
      contemporary Christmas classics--decked to the nines
      in top hats and tails, bonnets and hoop skirts. We
      worked the greater LA/Orange County/Palm Springs area
      from Thanksgiving to New Years, doing malls, private
      parties, corporate parties, etc. In my humble
      opinion, we were the best in So.Cal., and we were
      rewarded handsomely. If memory serves, I made close
      to three bills on the Queen Mary one year, doing a
      corporate party with three other quartets and the
      Disneyland Brass. Fun show!!!

      But I digress...

      I was with Lamplight Carolers for three seasons, then
      moved to the Bay Area. So, here I am--a decade
      later--ready to dust off the tails and sing away the
      holidays. (Next year, that is. It's a bit late to get
      going THIS season.)

      I would be interested to know of any Bay Area caroling
      companies worth contacting, and more importantly, if
      there are any to avoid!!! (I live in the South Bay,
      but don't mind driving to the city.)

      I will be extremely grateful for any advice/direction
      you can offer.

      Thank you kindly, and Merry Christmas to all!

      ~Kevin H. (tenor)

      http://greetings.yahoo.com